Wednesday, November 14, 2012

eggnog muffins


I am a big eggnog fan.  I bought a bottle last week and have been putting it in my coffee every morning.  All of a sudden it's Christmas.

I also love an eggnog cocktail.  I make mine with a shot of grand marnier liquor.  So good.

I love eggnog and I love muffins, so I combined the two and made eggnog muffins.  The taste is so... eggnog-ey.  That is the best adjective I can use to describe these muffins.  That and delicious.  


Eggnog Muffins {makes 12 large muffins - recipe adapted from here}
-2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
-3/4 cup sugar
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 eggs
-1 cup eggnog {I used low fat}
-1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
-1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
-1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Streusel Topping
-2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-2 tablespoons flour
-1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg


1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin tin or line with muffin wrappers.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and sugar.  
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, melted butter, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir together.  The batter will be a little lumpy, which is fine.
5. Make the streusel topping by cutting together all the streusel ingredients.  I use a pastry blender but you can use two knives or zap everything in the food processor.
6. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the muffin pan and top with the streusel topping. Bake for 20 minutes.


Enjoy!




1 comment:

thank you so much for your comment! i read and enjoy each and every one :).

Designed by Jackie Ayr